Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is she a politician or a political distraction?

Governor Sarah Pallin of Alaska has garnered a lot of media attention since the announcement of her as Senator McCain’s running mate. But is the attention positive or negative. Is she really an asset or a distraction? I still don’t know much about this woman and the stories that are being reported about her are not very positive.

As an independent voter, I need to know about each candidate to make an informed decision. Senator Obama has been on the scene since his speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention and for almost two years since he started campaigning to be the next President. Senator Biden has a long history in the Congress and his record on the issues can be traced. The same can be said about Senator McCain. I don’t even know if Governor Pallin and Senator McCain are really on the same page on the issues. I feel as if the McCain campaign is trying to pull a fast one just to win the White House and we may be in for four more years of trouble on the domestic front, at least. I’m not sure America can afford that. I have no problem voting for Senator McCain if I feel he is the right man for the job but I need more information on his running mate before I can make that call. Until then, my vote is still up for grabs.

No comments: