Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is healthcare relief coming in the near future?

It’s official. Our new commander-in-chief is President-Elect Barack Obama. Last night was a historic night in American history. Today is a new day and it’s back to reality. The economy is in the toilet and healthcare is one of those areas that needs to be addressed. The state of the economy may mean that a lot of President-Elect Obama’s plans, like healthcare, may be implemented later or a lot more slowly than anticipated.

I don’t know about other Americans but I just got my renewal letter for my health insurance and my premium is going up. It was ironic because I also got a letter from my energy company and my electric bill was going down but then I opened my health insurer’s letter and any savings I was happy about immediately evaporated. I now have to look into adjusting my premium which may mean having decreased coverage but what can I do? I can afford what I can afford. While I am happy that President Obama won, I am hoping that this time next year my financial situation is not so heavy that I can barely breathe.

No comments: