Thursday, November 6, 2008

Historic election does not reflect in the market

Today the Dow fell more than 400 points. This adds to the points lost on Wednesday. This erases the pre-election gains the market made. President-Elect Obama says that repairing the economy is a priority but he won’t get started until Jan. 20 so we’ll just have to ride the wave until next year and probably most of next year too before we see things begin to normalize.

I have yet to look at my IRA. I figure I will take a look at the end of the year and just go from there. I don’t need to be more depressed. I’m happy with the falling gas prices and it seems I’m spending a bit less at the grocery store. I pay for my own health insurance and it seems my premiums will be going up next year so I have to adjust it and hope I still get the same level of coverage at a better price. As the new President and the government do what they can to fix things and work with Wall Street, I will be on Main Street tightening my budget as much as possible and finding new ways to create wealth in my life.

No comments: