Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Maintain Good Health with Supplements, Weight Management, and a good Personal Care program

Exposure to the environment can be damaging to our skin, and the linings of our respiratory and gastrointestinal passages. Our food is over processed and has too many added preservatives leading to nutrient deficient food. The Centers for Disease Control recognizes that poor diet coupled with physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of death in the United State today. The eight chronic and degenerative diseases shortening our life span today are cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, arthritis, and obesity. One in three children in the U.S is overweight or borderline and likely to develop type 2 diabetes.

We can do better. The key is to choose to live a healthy lifestyle and encourage our children to do the same. Choosing the best supplements, weight management, and personal care products can help. USANA Health Sciences has created high-quality products to combat the threats from the environment and our unhealthy lifestyles. The nutritional products have higher absorption rates and potency than most products on the market. The skin care line is preservative free and the weight management products are low-glycemic. Below are some the products USANA Health Sciences offers:

Nutritionals
Adults can get their nutritional needs met with USANA's Essentials, the most complete multivitamin on the market. Children 13 months to 12 years old can take Usanimals and teens 12 years to 18 years old can take Body Rox. These nutritional supplements are formulated to promote optimal health. Adults that want to customize their nutritional program to meet their specific needs should look into USANA’s Optimizers. USANA supplements were voted number one in the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, which evaluates over 500 different supplements in the marketplace.

Weight Management
Studies show that over time diets fail. The three main reasons are that diets are used as a quick fix, usually focus on specific foods leading to unbalanced nutrition, and eating high-glycemic foods results in the spiking and dropping of your blood sugar which leads to rapid returns to feeling hungry.

As a solution, USANA has created Macro-Optimizers. These products help you to make healthier dietary choices. USANA also created the RESET program. It was developed to help people take positive steps toward reaching their health and weight0loss goals. This is not a fad diet. This is a program designed to put people on track to living a healthier lifestyle. So far I’ve lost ten pounds and exercise at least five days a week. Last year it was hard to get me out of bed or off the couch.

Skin Care
USANA’s Sense skincare products are preservative free and combat the effects of environmental damage to the skin. Sense products reduce the visible signs of aging and give skin the benefits of pure, healthy ingredients.

To learn more about USANA products and to place an order visit USANA on the web.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Post! Seems like there are a lot more people out there like me than I thought. On the one side of things, it makes me really happy to know others are going through the same thing I am…by the same token it makes me sad to know there are other people out there who have the same weight issues I do.

Anywho, before I go off on a tangent I was wondering if anyone has any success stories about supplements they can share with me? When I was younger (and in better shape), I used to go to this store called Vitamin World but now that I am a bit older, I have started saving time, money and aggravation by going to Vitaminworld.com and having things delivered right to my door. The majority of the products I found here: http://www.vitaminworld.com/weight-management-071 have not only helped me curb my weight but they have some great deals like “20-50% off site wide” or free shipping on orders over $75 and once in a while I have even gotten both. One day at the mall here in SoCal, I even passed by one of their stores that had some great deals too. However, I am wondering what else I can do to keep my weight down via the supplement route?

Don’t get me wrong, I think weight management supplements are truly a miracle and I have been fortunate to find them at such great prices, but I was wondering if there is anything anyone else is doing specific to their diet that might help me. My weight makes it hard to really exercise because of the pressure on joints, so I am making up for it wherever I can with dieting and supplements. Anybody have any tricks??